RaNt

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

What the months might say if a night can keep quiet

I arrived late for class and was consequently unaware of the planner
that the beadle was distributing.
When I got my copy I looked at it and thought that it looked good but cheap.
But when I read the poems inside the planner..I was absolutely floored!
It was like holding a copy of Heights in my hand.
The writers and the photographers are AMAZING!
Just so you can see how good they are,
here is the first poem in the planner...

What the months might say if a night can keep quiet
-Ada Dizon Angeles

We can always point out, of course, the wrong timing and say

that we were the wrong persons making the wrong decisions.

But these days, whenever I am tempted to remember, I try to

look at things in reverse.

The memories flash before me in this order: a dark empty space

replaces everything, our anger explodes, I get confused with

your reasons, we say we’ll be just friends, we say we are lovers,

you show me how broken you are and I refuse to tell you that I

am broken, too, because I just want to help you fix yourself.

Near the end, you give me pointers – on life, on lhow to

Understand and love you – then I crumple an e-mailed sample

Exam to make the paper look old and give it to you.

Before the screen of memory closes, the other excuses we

made up to see each other for the first few times roll out as

credits.

I look at things in reverse because that way I remember that

we only wanted to help each other survive. And here we are,

both surviving.

I remember things that way so I can say that I loved you at

the right time, we made the right decisions, and during those

times, no other person was as perfect for me as you were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters