RaNt

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

enchanting.

I saw this poem in the web and saw that it was
written by my Philo prof sir Anton
man! was I surprised. He can definitely write. No wonder
he keeps on talking about poems and some writer stuffs
I loved this poem because it was so simple and yet
manages to be so symbolic. It doesn't have perfect measures
but it has a rhythm. And the meaning was so clear that
you can immediately relate to it.
I wish I can write like that.
No...
I wish I can write better than that..
hehe
=)


----------------------------------------------
Sovereign (01/28/01)
By Anton Luis C. Sevilla

The sky shakes off the Sun's last rays,
and indigo creeps down the horizon.
Dead stars begin to reach and blaze
and mint dew bathes the dank air of autumn.

She calls me with soft and halted breath
that trickles in like mist upon the leaves.
With every sharp exhale a pending death
alights upon my wandering soul and grieves.

Do you leave me now?
Do you leave me here?

And I squint ‘til the sapphire sky
blurs into a grit barbaric gray.
And mercury drips from a broken bulb,
never again to tell the warmth of day.

[pauli]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters