RaNt

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

tributuum.

The day before you left was the day I first stepped foot on your station.
I never played the same songs again because I was afraid to be reminded of you.

Seeing you at the passenger seat of my car made me wistful for the
years you could have spent sitting there.
I almost cried when you looked into my eyes and told me you were happy.

I wasn't able to eat the spicy chicken strips that you ordered because I had
a hard time believing what I was hearing.
And I went to the comfort room not because I was happy but because
I had to splash myself with water so I could calm myself down.

I am embarrassed to admit that I had learned to forget all the little details
in the life we once shared.
And I am sad that you forgot to greet me on many of my previous birthdays.

But I am happy you helped me heal.
And that you stayed true to your promise.
It was more than I ever expected from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters