RaNt

Monday, April 28, 2008

~SnaP~

I kinda feel a little sad.
You see today I seem to be bombarded
by snapshots from reality.
And all of them seem to be bad news.
To illustrate what I'm saying
this was how my day went today:
I passed by a poverty stricken area
on my way to school.
And then when
I was going home and
making my way to the
LRT at Katipunan
I heard a couple talking
about how they would make their
ends meet now that the husband is
layed-off from work. And as I look
back I caught a glimpse of the woman
wiping a tear.
As I was riding the jeepney, my seatmate
and her friend who was holding crutches
were whispering. And being the chismosa
girl that I am I listened in to the
conversation. I found out that the "crutches"
girl is sick (which was obvious) but that
she had problems paying the hospital bills.
Apparently she just got dispatched and her
friend fetched her from the hospital. I
wondered why they just didn't take a
taxi but then I realized that if she had
problems paying the bills then it would
also follow that she cannot pay for the
"comfort" provided by the taxi. Then
I heard her say that her grown-up kids
don't know about her getting sick and that
her friend shouldn't tell her kids because
she doesn't want to be a burden since her
kids are having problems financially as well.
She said she can ask for a loan and perhaps
the agency she worked for when she was an OFW
can cover some of the expenses.
Then when I got home my mom started talking
about the problems of the teenager yaya
of my baby nephew. According to my mom
L*cy's family was driven out of their home
by their neighbors who supposedly grabbed
their land. My mom told us why
L*cy stopped attending school and how her
mother and brother got imprisoned because of
wrongful accusations.
Then my father insisted on watching the
evening news which had nothing good in it
since they all talk about the rice crisis
and death of so many people due to some accident
or some sort of gang fights.
After that I was forced to review an article
for my Eco112 class about labor markets etc.
And after reading that article
about the high unemployment rate in
our country and the current job
deficit and fiscal crisis that
we are in, I was forced to watch
the Inconvenient truth.

Man! I tell you, that was depressing.
In one day I was forced to face the reality
of our world..
and sadly I cannot seem to think of any
solutions..
waaahhh..I feel like crying...I feel so
worthless and unhelpful...
can you just let me crawl back into
my comfort zone???

=(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters