RaNt

Monday, July 19, 2010

law school and break-ups

another one of my friends broke up with her boyfriend
apparently "he cannot take it anymore"
because "law school takes too much of her time"
it is always the same reason,
always the same complains
and almost always the same conclusion
which is why when they oriented us at law school
the professors warned us about break-ups and emotional turmoil
they even advised us to stay single till we took the bar or
else hook up with fellow law students instead
or someone with the same career demands such as med students
my friends and I just laughed when he heard that laughable advice
thinking they were just joking
but sometimes when quarrels about time and complaints
about who is important in our lives came up
we just can't help but feel that maybe we should have heeded
their advice
that maybe it was really worth listening to
because it might have saved us all those sleepless nights spent
crying instead of studying or resting
and all those emotional days spent mopping around rather than
focusing on that day's recitation
but we had chosen this
so I suppose we must stick with it
-------------------------------------------------
I don't know much about relationships
I have almost always decidedly failed at it
I don't have a single clue on how to make it work
less so in making it enjoyable
but I am not giving up
I don't want to follow the trend
I love defying trends...
and I love him so I guess
I'll just have to make it work
and he'll just have to endure it all over again

if he can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters