RaNt

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

society thinking under a maudlin atmosphere filled with gray clouds and rain-filled afternoons.

I say I don't lie but the truth is I do.
People always lie.
Such a motto could make someone as hardened as me
undoubtedly paranoid.
This is no way to live.
Pitting instinct against faith is like matching
up a dog and rooster for some sort of animal fighting,
the winner is definitely the stronger one with far bigger paws.
Losing makes me a schizophrenic bipolar attention grabbing
mistress.
It brings out the worst in me.
-----------------------------------------------
And then there are moments like this that makes me just want
to scream and tell the world to please leave me alone because
I don't want to be exposed:

Dead Stars - just like Alfredo, a lot of us see them in our “heaven” of thoughts. Sometimes we feel as if the feeling is still there, that in one moment during our present, we recall these memories that had packed our past emotions with a sky of rainbows, enough to make us feel in love and hurt all in a short while. These dead stars are “things we remember occasionally, not solely because of the other person, but because of who we were at the time. The other person doesn’t even play a big part in the production anymore; he or she is just a character, a supporting role. The main attraction is how it made us feel, the relationship, the emotions involved.” (Caravaggio, www.peyups.com)
-------------------------------------------------

strategic plots and pseudo sisterhood hovers in my recently
changed legal life. One day they were even persuasive enough
that I was made to believe in a happy situation filled with
genuine smiles of an affectionate standard. But then there were
more days that I see the black and white of their technicolor
words. And then I wake up and feel the pull of loneliness and
lack of attention dragging me where I thought I don't want to
be. And then I wake up further and realize that it wasn't really
what I truly wanted so I stopped and just smelled the flowers
along the road. Then like a spotlight granting much needed light
in the stage, I found myself the source of light in a dimly lighted
theater. I cannot even fathom how I got there.
-------------------------------------------------

Ice cream nights and laughter filled afternoons along with slow
mornings became my world. Does it satisfy? maybe and then again
maybe not.
I miss the lure of a strangely filled day with nothing but
stress and books to light up my sincerely monotonous life.
I miss the person I used to be with or without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters