RaNt

Sunday, October 31, 2010

embracing changes.

I look up at the sky today and for the first time I didn't wish it was blue.
For the first time in many months I just hoped it would be pretty.

There are undoubtedly events in our lives that we didn't expect,
sometimes even unwelcome but we can't do anything about it
so we roll with the waves and go with the flow.
I was never one for changes, even viciously
hated it at one point but people grow up
and well I suppose I grew up too.
So it didn't matter now that the
sky was pink. I felt no pinch
there. Not even a tiny one.

I look up at the evening sky today and for the first time I didn't wish it would be clear.
For the first time in many months I just wished it would be beautiful.

There are moments in our lives where there are pauses that are filled with
silence. As if the lulls in conversations we have with people are the norm
rather than the rarity. There are days, weeks, months, even years of
unfulfilled, empty existence and we sometimes try to do something
about it but I suppose our lives are really doomed to have them.
I used to loved the silence, cherished the emptiness except that
I was really just dispelling my loneliness. I was just lying.
I knew that now. So it didn't matter that the sky is dark
as ink and there are no stars. I realized it is beautiful
with or without the stars or the moon. I felt no tug.
Not even a tiny one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters