RaNt

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

existence and memories.

we theorized that personality and characteristics aside
there is something lodged in our inner selves
the core of our humanity, the essence
of our existence
we said that if we peel every layer of our being
there would remain something that would determine
who we really are
that something that would not change
no matter what happens
or how many personality changes we make
it is the core of who we are as a person
--------------------------------------------------------
I was feeling so nostalgic so I logged on to an old friendster account
and read all the comments about me and the messages in my inbox.
I can't help but smile at the things people say about my young self
but I also can't help but notice how weird it is that even the new
people in my life say the same things about me.
Granted I am not as "makulit" as I used to, nor am I as
patient or as understanding but I am certain I am still
a good listener and I still try my best to make people smile.
I can't help but wonder then if I am only playing a role or
if it is who I really am...

But this "about me" that I wrote a few years back
is still true
so maybe there really is something inside us
that doesn't change...

simple lang akong tao
kuntento na ko sa mga tawag at text messages mo
hindi mo kailangan maging galante at mapagpanggap
sa akin maari kang maging totoo

simple lang akong tao
tama na sakin ang mga ginagawa mo
hindi mo kailangan ipakita na iba ka sa kanila
sa akin importante lang ang laman ng puso mo

simple lang akong tao
at oo alam kong nakakatawa na ito
gusto ko lang malaman mo
na totoo ang mga sinabi ko

simple lang akong tao
tandaan mo
AKO SI LIZBETH
at
wag mo kalimutan
SIMPLE LANG AKONG TAO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters