RaNt

Thursday, March 26, 2009

cowardice.

BLUE ROAST

For the first time in weeks he was alone.
His short haired girl was nowhere in sight
and I felt
thoroughly excited. Perhaps I can give him
my blue rose...
then the time came for the rose giving...
I scanned the crowd which wasn't easy
since my friends were busy taking pictures
and most were clamoring for attention..
but I saw him and for a few minutes I
allowed myself to stare unashamedly
and just when I was about to take
a step toward him..his girlfriend
came and passionately hugged him..
and since I am every inch a coward
I was not able to give him my blue rose..:(

and while I was busy disguising
my utter regret...another "worthy blue rose
crush" came..he was nonchalantly making
his way towards me and my heart started
beating erratically...
I immediately looked at his hand and was dismayed
that he was not carrying a rose...
but then he laughed and conversed playfully
with me and after
he held my hands I suddenly found myself
having an urgent desire to give him my
blue rose but another attack
of cowardice prevented me from doing
that...
what started out as a beautiful evening
filled with laughter and happy memories
despite the unpredictable rain
ended with utter regret...

1 Comments:

  • graduate ka na? :) congrats liz!!! buti ka pa you graduated on time. ako, hindi ko pa alam! sobrang alanganin pa! :( i miss you!!!

    By Blogger goddess, at 3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters