RaNt

Sunday, September 06, 2009

back from Peace retreat.

Pax!

That was supposedly the theme for our retreat but unfortunately I didn't feel that during the retreat.
If I felt anything at all during the retreat it was anxiety, tiredness,and slight starvation. But there are also some good feelings, it wasn't all that bad.
The retreat was not what I expected it to be. The program was a bit too "highschool" for me. Too much talk of death and too many lectures. There was little chance for interaction and absolutely no time for reflection. My highschool retreats were better and my ateneo recollection was way better. I was really disappointed.
The retreat house was also very disappointing. The place is small but at least it they had a well-manicured garden with fountain. The dinning area downstairs where we eat most of the time is clean but is very compact. Also the rooms are not well-kept, at least ours was, I don't know about the other rooms. There were cockroaches and big mosquitoes, I was really afraid to sleep. The pillows and bedsheets were smelly and looks unclean. The bathrooms don't have a working shower and hot water. So when I was there I felt like I was in a boot camp. I didn't get much sleep and for the first time in my life I took a bath for 5 mins. I felt so dirtttttyyyy.

But at least I cried. I also got to confess and share my thoughts with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters