RaNt

Friday, November 28, 2008

starry starry night...

i really don't know why I'm writing about this
must be that lecture on Vincent van Gogh
anyway
i happened to look up at the stars tonight
there wasn't much to see actually
i only saw a couple of flickering lights
twinkling and dwindling every so often
i tried to remember when I last looked up
at the stars this way
and I was surprised to recall that it had
been years since
i started to wonder then why I never looked
at the stars that way anymore
and I suddenly remembered why
but oh well
that was way in the past now
so anyway
just a few hours ago
I was with friends
we were at our alma mater
taking a break from watching
an eardrum shattering play
and just reminiscing about old times
when we found ourselves
standing in the middle of the field
we were laughing and
everyone just got caught up in the
moment
suddenly an unexpected memory
invaded my mind
and a sense of deja vu washed over me
i turned to look up at the stars then
and realized that even though things
have somewhat minimally change
everything was actually kind of the same
at least the essential things are still
the same
I continued to gaze up at the twinkling
lights above me
and know that
after so many years
i made it back home
because that place whether I consciously
admit it or not
IS REALLY
HOME...



------------------------------------------
just a sidenote:
I was perusing this site
justcurio.us
and I read this really weird questions
from some people in Australia
one asked if Van Gogh is really crazy
hahaha
Van Gogh must really be a hot
topic nowadays
hahaha
and there's a question about stars too
actually I think that's where I got
this idea to write about stars and
van gogh etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters