RaNt

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

on attachment and walking away.

The original version:

Why aren't you scared too?
sometimes, but I get attached anyway..you see I know that people come and go because that is an uncontested fact but I decided to be attached because I also know that some people stay…I just put my faith on them knowing that it is really immaterial whether they leave or stay, either way, they became part of my life and I became part of theirs.

I put my faith on people because sometimes, some people are worth it.
-----------------------------------------------------------


Which is why I hate it when people walk away. I hate it when people leave without so much as a backward glance. I hate it when they hurriedly run away afraid to face a new reality. I hate it when they don't jump because they are uncertain of what will happen next. I hate it when they leave without even trying.
Yes, there are a lot of hate words in this particular paragraph but it really just riles me up knowing that a lot of people do these.
Walking away without trying should be made illegal.
I think we all deserve that backward glance that means a whole lot more than just a simple gesture, that hand to hold in the scary reality of an uncertain life ahead, that incredible second chance that is always better than the first...
Because if some people are really worth the stay then we all deserve a chance to fight and be fought for. Nobody should be allowed to walk away easily...

1 Comments:

  • being fought for is noble, but to ask to be fought for without regard...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters