RaNt

Sunday, October 11, 2009

not that girl...

I have missed a lot of events and birthdays lately.
October has always been the busy month.
Too many family events and birthday bashes to remember.
Along with final exams to study for.
But I always do remember.
I never forgot important events especially birthdays.
But now I'm really losing it...
I have missed more birthdays these past few weeks than
I have done so in the last 3 years.
And I hate it.
I am not that kind of girl.
Not the granddaughter who could simply ignore her grandmother's
80 something birthday.
Not the friend who would text a friend about nonsensical things
but forgot to greet her.
Not the daughter who would stay at the dorm even when her parents
want her to go back home to attend the town fiesta.
Not the barkada who would not attend the barkada reunion.
Nor the acquaintance who would forget the all too important business
meeting.
Because I am the granddaughter who would send my grandmother big
birthday cakes along with my sunny smiles and cheerful kisses even
if I can't personally attend her birthday
The friend who would wake you up at twelve midnight just to greet you
a happy birthday
The daughter who would call a taxi at 6:30 am just so she could be home
to attend the town fiesta celebration and eat weekend meals with the
family
The barkada who would brave the rain and her parents' wrath just to
spend time with her long time friends
The acquaintance who would come at the meeting venue an hour early
so she could prep you up even before the business meeting started
AT LEAST I USED TO BE THAT GIRL...
who am turning into now?
I AM NOT LIKING MYSELF AT THE MOMENT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
HTML Counter
Hit Counters